Friday, October 17, 2008

Is Your 401k (or 403b) More Important Than Another's Life?

I do not want this blog to ever be about politics. But one thing that is connected to politics as well as the foundation of this blog is the sanctity of human life. John McCain is not my favorite choice for the office of President, but he is also not merely the lesser of two evils. When I vote this November it will not be based on red or blue, it will not be based on whether or not I like Bush and how much different from him a candidate is, it will not be based on black or white (though I hope to have a godly black President some day), it will not be based on WMD's in Iraq, and it will not be based on the economy. Though I do not only care about one issue I do use one issue as a filter. It doesn't take the e-mail politics that base everything on whether or not somebody likes the pledge of allegiance to see that Obama is one of the most pro-abortion candidates we have ever seen. I hope that you are not persuaded by the double talk of making abortions "safe and rare" because if we were talking about two year olds you wouldn't buy that argument. Please pray with me that the Sovereign of the universe would have mercy on this nation and bring abortion to an end in this country. Having a Republican in the White House will not save a nation but I think if God would give us the grace to overcome this great evil we would be so much further from His judgment than we are today.

I took the following from Randy Alcorn's blog. Here is his post, Not Cool: Obama's Pro-abortion Stance, and Christians enabling him.

God's stance on abortion:

"Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molech, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the LORD." (Leviticus 18:21)

"Do this so that innocent blood will not be shed in your land, which the LORD your God is giving you as your inheritance, and so that you will not be guilty of bloodshed." (Deuteronomy 19:10)

"Therefore as surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I will give you over to bloodshed and it will pursue you. Since you did not hate bloodshed, bloodshed will pursue you." (Ezekiel 35:6)

"Shedding innocent blood? Not cool.

Supporting and voting for those committed to the legalized shedding of innocent blood? You tell me." -Randy Alcorn

Grace and Peace,
Stephen

No comments: