Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'll give you a hint...it doesn't mean you are a good person

"People tell me that they are not Christians, not so much because they have never been convinced of the truth claims of Christianity, but because they have never been convinced of the need for what the Bible teaches. How many times have you heard people say, 'That may be true, but I personally don't feel the need for Jesus,' or 'I don't need he church,' or 'I don't need Christianity'? When people say something like this to me, I try to steer the conversation to the question of the truth of Christianity. I believe that if we can convince people of the truth of the identity of Christ and the truth of the work He accomplished, it will become instantly apparent to them that they need it." -R.C. Sproul (The Truth of the Cross, 6-7)

One question to ask yourself today; what does the death of Jesus Christ mean to your life?

"For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified." (1 Corinthians 2:2)

No comments: