Friday, October 31, 2008

Is "throwing my vote away" better than voting for McCain?

John McCain probably has thousands of Conservatives who dislike him more than I do. But I can't help but wonder what is the greater evil in my vote.

McCain is 98% pro-life.

Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party is 100% pro-life.

So the question is: if a vote for McCain is technically a vote for a massive reduction of abortions and a vote for Baldwin is a vote for the complete eradication of abortion, is a vote for McCain any better than a vote for Obama? Because Obama claims to be this new kind of pro-life that wants to reduce abortion while maintaining choice.

If you have an opinion please share it in the comments section. I do have more thoughts which I would be willing to share but I have not yet decided for whom I am voting in the Presidential race. I need somebody to explain to me how God will be pleased with a vote for John McCain or Chuck Baldwin. If you want me to vote for Obama you can share your thoughts but it won't convince me.

Grace and Peace,
Stephen

Happy Reformation Day!

2 comments:

JRL said...

I've never understood "the lesser of the two evils" line. Evil is evil right? The greatest concern is the 65% of abortions that take place outside of marriage. God is clear on this message "But because of the temptation of sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband" (1 Corinthians 7:2). Safe sex is not the answer! I'd be curious to see if either man running for president had the backbone to stand on God's truth.
Remember, "Children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward" (Psalm 127:3).

Stephen B. said...

There is and should be great concern for that 65% but I don't see why someone would say that those 65% should live but not the rape and incest babies as well. I think McCain is going in the right direction with the stem-cell research but only because there is an alternative now to get him off the hook.

Not to mention the fact that I have very little access to the complete record and views of a third party candidate. I see what is good and what is bad about McCain and Obama every day but a vote for Baldwin is only in 100% agreement in one area. However that one area is the most important area.

Will God be more pleased with me for making a vote based on my principles or will He be more pleased based on educated pragmatism?