Monday, October 27, 2008

Christian Response to Anne Pressley's Murder and the UCA Shooting

What We Know- God is sovereign and will have vengeance. "Vengeance is mine, and recompense, for the time when their foot shall slip; for the day of their calamity is at hand, and their doom comes swiftly...For the LORD will vindicate his people and have compassion on his servants...I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand" (Deuteronomy 32:35-36, 39).

What We Don't Know-Will vengeance be taken in hell or was it taken at the cross? (Colossians 2:13-14, Revelation 21:8)

How Do We Respond? "
Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep" (Rom. 12:15)

Remember, if God is not sovereign over all He is not sovereign at all.

"Sunday Worship" will be tomorrow.

No comments: