Tuesday, October 14, 2008

5 Reasons I Like My Brother's Writing More Than My Own

1. It is not my own, therefore it is easier to learn new things.

2. Jonathan's passion for worship of God in all things exceeds that of any other worship leader/writer I have ever known so I know that he has hand picked every word.

3. He writes best when he feels least "spiritual."

4. Nothing I write has cool music behind it.

5. One of my favorite songs was written by him:

"Relieved of pain, I dream again, desiring a place I’ve never known.
Loving people and aching to be in a place this body doesn’t crave.

So why am I still here? How does this desk help fix my broken hearted ache.
How will I get there? My heart is over an ocean

Everything’s gonna be just fine, I’ll lose my dreams I’ll lose this life and wait with time
Everything’s gonna be so bright, this life is hard, this road is rough, but joys with loss.

Looking at the future money melts away, and dreams of self denial pave the way.
Studying pictures and hearing stories, watching others reach their day.
So why am I still here, My life’s calling still unfulfilled
How will I get there? My heart is over an ocean

Everything’s gonna be just fine, I’ll lose my dreams I’ll lose this life and wait with time
Everything’s gonna be so bright, this life is hard, this road is rough, but joys with loss.

I’m called to go, I’m called to love, I’m called to offer life,
I’m called to shine, I’m called to share at all times
I’m called to wait I’m called to serve here for this time,
I’m here to go, I love to share, this is the missionary cry

Everything’s gonna be just fine, I’ll lose my dreams I’ll lose this life and wait with time
Everything’s gonna be so bright, this life is hard, this road is rough, but joys with loss."

-Jonathan Bean (Missionary Cry by Across the Valley) used without permission

No comments: