Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Blogger's Request

I am gratefully surprised to say that this blog now has over 200 posts. When I reached the 100 mark I was grateful to God and that has only increased since then. I hope that I have been a blessing and encouragement to everyone who has read a post on here.

In light of the number of posts in the archives and the length of time that has passed I want to make sure that I am lined up with my goal of teaching the Bible to others as I am taught by God.

I have been tempted at times to use this platform to make statements about pet peeves or bash people who I believe to be teaching false doctrine. But God has corrected me over and over again and it appears to me that He has graciously prevented me from doing so every time.

I want to encourage any and all of those who read this blog to keep me accountable to Scripture. Not just in what I say but also in how I say it. There are people out there with blogs that teach good theology with an unchristian attitude and I don't want to be one of those people. There are also people out there with whom I have many disagreements but continue to enjoy reading, listening to, etc, them because they appear to be seeking to glorify God.

I believe in the sovereignty of God over all things and so it is not for me to decide when a person has what I believe to be good theology. I simply submit to Him and hope to gently correct when I can.

So please feel free to comment or e-mail me if you are offended by my post because of my attitude or if you think I'm flat out wrong.

Grace and Peace,
Stephen

No comments: