Monday, March 2, 2009

Will You Take Me As I Am?

The following are excerpts from Lecrae's song "Will You Take Me As I Am?"
I'm sick and tired of trying to be the man my daddy never taught me to be
I'm grown up now, life ain't what I thought it would be
I made many mistakes in my past I can't fix
Now I'm staring at this crucifix tatted on my wrist
Is it true what they telling me? Am I just crazy?
Did ya bleed on the cross for my sins to save me?
But why would ya die for me?
My whole life I've been working for Satan, while He fed lies to me
And now I'm hearing too much, trying to get a true touch
Of a love that can change me, I'm all screwed up
Figure Hell is what I deserve
But your word says we all fall short so I guess we all outta burn
Teach me I wanna learn
How you could save a wretch like me before death says it's my turn?
I think I finally understand
No matter my past, you'll still take me as I am

Chorus:
Will you take me as I am
I know the way I'm living is wrong
But I can't change on my own, trying to make it alone
I wonder, how could you love me when my life so ugly
But you came down and died for me

Yeah, we're saved by grace through faith
It's not works
Ain't nothin' you can do, ain't nothin' I can do
That could get us this great salvation that we got man
It's only Christ
So if you feel like you gotta clean yourself up
Before you can come to Him
Forget it
Just come to Him
He'll take you as you are, and he'll change YOU
From the inside, out. -Lecrae

No comments: