Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Anonymous Q&A

I'm not Abraham Piper (who has a great concise blog) but, like Abraham, I recently found that people have found my blog asking some interesting (and sometimes strange) questions. I thought I would use this post as a way to answer some questions, link to older posts, and show you what people out there are looking for and how sad it is that they found me in the process. So here are the best of the searches that found me and some answers:

I had several searches asking about the following theologians and their views on the millennium.

D.A. Carson, Wayne Grudem, Albert Mohler, and John Piper are, to the best of my knowledge, Historic Pre-Millennialists.

Search: "a girl named penelope judd"
Great song. It's worth checking out.

Search:
"3 versions of love that the bible speaks about"
The best I know how to help with this one is to point you to the three Greek words for love. Agape, Philia, and Eros.

Search: "christian rap by fathers"
What makes this search funny is that I can't imagine what they were expecting to find. But they found my posts titled, "Not Your Father's Christian Rap."

Search: "heroin homosexuality"
I want to be careful with this one because it was probably a pretty serious search. I do have a few posts on the subject of homosexuality and in one of them I use heroin as an illustration.

My Top 5 Specific Searches:
5. Search:
"absurdity and postmodernism"
I couldn't agree more.

4. Search: "is james macdonald a calvinist"
Yep.

3. Search: "why is r c sproul post millennialist"
I don't know. But I was disputed on that point. It's odd to see "postmils" in this day and age.

2. Search: "did james contradict paul?"
Nope. Here's why.

1. Search: "barack obama romans 1"
I agree. Mr. President, I beg you to read Romans 1:18-32 and repent of how you are aiding this nation's reflection of it. God will save you and I will gladly follow you no matter what Mr. Limbaugh says.

I hope this has been helpful.
Grace and Peace,
Stephen

No comments: