Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Throne of Grace- Prayer

"Heavenly Father, it’s in the name of Jesus I pray

He is the way- for His sake, please receive what I say

First things first, blessed be Your holy name

There’s none like You, You stand alone and you reign

Lord, You know my frame, You remember that I’m dust

Jesus, who overcame- it’s in Him I put my trust

No confidence in the flesh, it’s obvious I’m a mess

No doubt, much more a mess than what I can see manifest

I confess that I daily fall short of Your glory

I’ve failed so many times- my sin’s always before me

I take time to ponder the opportunities I’ve squandered

And how I’m prone to wander from here to yonder

My foolish, restless heart clings to dear idols

Which could never satisfy me- they’re mere trifles

Like David said, You hem me in behind and before

You convict me of the sin that I’ve been trying to ignore

Lord, you see my immaturity, You see my insecurity

You see all my impurity- how long will You endure with me?

My heart’s laid before You- stark naked, undressed

I pray that You would become greater and that I’d become less

Yes, when I see Jesus and His inherent loveliness

I’m reminded of my own comparative nothingness

And actually, I’m as primitive as can be

Compared to His magnificent, infinite majesty

You’ve shown me the glory of Christ, He’s so holy

My only hope is that You look upon the lowly

So I humble myself as I appear at Your throne

Not based on my righteousness, but Christ’s merits alone

I’m crying out for mercy as I magnify Your name

You amplified the pain of the Lamb of God who was slain

So truly, I only have one request that’ll suit me

Please open up my eyes to better behold His beauty"

-Shai Linne

No comments: