Saturday, June 14, 2008

New SBC President

Congratulations to Pastor Johnny Hunt who was named President of the Southern Baptist Convention this week. Though I do not agree with Pastor Hunt on some theological issues I can appreciate his hard work in ministry and love for Jesus; that is the most important thing. I listened to some of his preaching earlier this week and he is an enthusiastic, practical preacher. Though I must admit that I wish Dr. Albert Mohler hadn't dropped out of consideration I trust that Pastor Hunt will continue the SBC's tradition of evangelism; both locally and abroad. Whether you are SBC, Missionary Baptist, Presbyterian, or one of those crazy Calvinists at the Bible Church of Little Rock (love you guys) please take a moment to pray for Pastor Hunt and my denomination.

Grace and Peace,
Stephen

No comments: