Monday, February 23, 2009

Stand

Anything I thought gain,
Let me count it as loss.
May the fragrance I leave,
Be of Christ and the Cross.
Any worldly success,
Any measure of fame,
May it glorify You
For the sake of Your name.

[chorus]
I’ll stand on Your promises.
I’ll stand in the grace You give.
I’ll stand when the darkness falls.
Upheld by Your right hand, I’ll stand.

In my talents and gifts,
In the word I apply,
May humility reign.
In the strength You supply.
Should I persevere
In the faith You have sown
Then Your glory I’ll sing
When I stand at Your Throne.

I’ll stand on Your promises
I’ll stand in the grace You give
I’ll stand when the darkness falls
Upheld by Your right hand, I’ll stand.

If you should mark my sin, Lord
How could I stand?
But You reached down from the cross, Lord
And take my hand.

-Marc Heinrich

No comments: