Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Finally Alive!

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again..."

John Piper's new book "Finally Alive" is out. More importantly, Tim Challies' review of "Finally Alive" is out. Here's an excerpt of the review:

Piper's tone is gracious and compassionate throughout this book. He shows the heart of a pastor from the first page to the last. But he also shows the skill of a theologian and the passion of a prophet. I'm inclined to agree with my friend Adrian Warnock who says of Finally Alive, "I believe this is the most important book Piper has written." I cannot recommend this book too highly. I really believe it is Piper's best.
I haven't read the book yet but I have listened to the sermon series from which it was adapted. I would highly recommend the book (which you can buy in stores or download from Desiring God for free!), the sermon series, and even Tim Challies' review of the book.

Grace and Peace,
Stephen

No comments: