Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Book You Can Read: Pierced by the Word

Title: Pierced by the Word Category: Devotion Author: John Piper. Piper is one of the most influential people in my life. When I was young and had undeveloped thoughts on what I was reading in my Bible Piper was there to fill in the blanks and give me a passion for putting those thoughts into action. His mission is to spread a passion for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy of all peoples through Jesus Christ.

Pages: 119.

Readability Rating: 4.5 out of 5. I was originally inclined to give the book a perfect score in readability but I know that I have never read one of Piper’s books and not had to go back over a few things to understand the point. However, this book is for all kinds of people and you should be able to read through each chapter quickly and meditate on the Biblical truth contained therein.

Why you should read it: As with any devotion book I do not recommend it in place of regular Bible reading. When I use these kinds of books it is usually at night or some other time that is not my regular Bible time. It is short and punchy; a wonderful supplement for the regular Bible reader.

Price: 12.99 or less.

No comments: