Thursday, November 6, 2008

Two New Studies Coming Soon!

Theology Thursday posts are usually among my favorite posts of the week. I know they can be too detailed at times (I'm working on it!) but if you are able to get a survey of some of these topics I think they will be very helpful in your Bible study. I don't say this as one who has a lot of theological knowledge but the little I have I am happy to offer as a begger who found some good table scraps. That said, I have a new study that will begin next week for Theology Thursday as well as a new study for Fridays (I don't have a catchy name for it).

The ABC's of the Bible- I basically stole this idea from a recent lecture I attended at the Bible Church of Little Rock. What I'm going to do is do a brief overview of a biblical character, doctrine of theology, etc... from the letter A to the letter Z (so it should be a 26 week study!) If you have an idea for a certain thing I should go over when I get to its letter just post it in the comment section.

Studying Books of the Bible Together- I am especially excited about this study which should begin tomorrow. We will begin with the book of Romans. The idea is to simply show a portion of Scripture and then a portion of a commentary, sermon, quote, or my own thoughts on the passage. I think it will be a good learning experience.

Grace and Peace,
Stephen

No comments: