Monday, May 19, 2008

I'm back!

Perhaps you are stumbling upon this blog for the first time and wondering why there is such a big gap between my last post and this one. The reason is that my original intention was for this to be a private blog for just a few guys but it never took off. Nowadays I'm really enjoying writing what I learn from the Bible in papers and such and I think this would be a good venue for that. I am trying to make my thoughts more public, however, for a few reasons:

(1) Focusing my application of scripture to a broader base of lives. Because I feel called to be a pastor I don't want to simply be able to take passages and look for where they apply in my own life. I think writing for a broader bass of people will help me in focusing on how the things I am learning will magnify Christ in the lives of others as well.

(2) I need accountability for the things that I write. I should not be writing if I am not able to make every word count. If someone reading this blog feels as if I am using the blog for self promotion, prideful blasting of others, or just unbiblical writing please call me on it so as to save me from my own pride.

(3) Promotion of the gospel. I'm going to be honest, every time I write something on here I will be thinking that somebody can get something out of it. I am hopeful that this will be a blog that people can read and come away thanking Jesus Christ for his grace. I want this blog to be gospel saturated.

So with all that said I hope you will all return to see if there is anything good to read. I suspect that I will be giving some links to other blogs and websites, book reviews (of both good and dangerous books), as well as biblical commentary.

Grace and Peace,
Stephen

No comments: